Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More Homemade Household Products

To go along with my new obsession of all things frugal and homemade, I am sharing my favorite recipes for a few more homemade household products.


Homemade Frebreze

For a 32 oz spray bottle
  • 1/8 Cup of Your Favorite Fabric Softener
  • 2 Tablespoons Baking Soda
  • Hot Tap Water - To Fill the Bottle to the Top

Shake it up in your Spray Bottle and you're ready to go and fight those Stinky Dog Odors!
I found that Fake Febreze actually has a bit more "staying power" than regular Febreeze, too!






I was SO excited to find this next recipe (at Lady With the Red Rocker) for homemade dishwasher detergent, seeing as I had most of the ingredients already from making my own laundry soap.  And even more excited to realize that is works far better than the stuff I used to buy!!


Homemade Dishwasher Detergent



  • 1 cup Borax
  • 1 cup washing soda
  • ½ cup *kosher salt (*I used regular table salt, and it worked just fine.)
  • ½ cup citric acid (double this if you have hard water)
Mix everything together and store in a plastic container.  Use 1 Tbsp per load.  Use white vinegar in the rinse aid compartment of your dishwasher to help keep your dishes from getting spotty.

GOT A MONEY SAVING TIP?
PLEASE COMMENT AND SHARE!!






No comments:

Post a Comment